Like all good farms accepting visitors, Magdalen has comprehensive biosecurity procedures in place to protect our guests from contracting contagious diseases. We have managed the risk of contagious diseases without incident for the last 30 years. This puts us in a good position to manage any increased risk caused by coronavirus Covid-19.
Our approach is to follow government advice as it is published. Guidance from the Government can be found here.
For your information, we have compiled the following points from our Health & Safety Policy and risk assessments. You don’t have to do anything with this information, but we thought you might find it reassuring to know:
- We provide all our visitors with an introductory health and safety talk, which includes the importance of washing hands. Visitors are reminded to remove their footwear and waterproofs before washing their hands.
- All our visitors are advised throughout their stay to wash their hands before eating and drinking. Hand washing signs are in place to inform good hand washing.
- This winter, we have increased the number of hand washing basins available, and made them more interesting to inspire children to use them diligently.
- Should a staff member or visitor become unwell, they are sent home. Areas where the transmission of germs are likely (eg door handles) are then thoroughly disinfected as an additional measure to the cleaning schedules below.
We employ a team of full time professional cleaners. All buildings and facilities are cleaned regularly in accordance with daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules, which include:
- Twice daily thorough cleaning / sanitising of all toilets, sinks and showers, door handles, doors and plug holes, toilet brushes and bins. Sweep/ hoover and wash floors. Provision of soap, sanitiser, paper hand towels and toilet rolls.
- Disposing of all rubbish daily
- All surfaces and floors are sanitised after each use or checked daily.
- The kitchen has a separate cleaning schedule – includes the sanitising of all surfaces after each use and daily cleaning and sanitising of the floor. Disposing of all rubbish daily.
- PPE provided for all staff – Housekeeping provided with disposable gloves and aprons/ Kitchen staff provided with clean aprons and disposable gloves.
If you have any questions about our approach to biosecurity, whether it be connected to the coronavirus Covid-19 or not, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
Chief Executive, Magdalen
10th March 2020