Here at Magdalen we can't wait to show you all the improvements we have made to our facilities with new teaching spaces, enhanced access to various parts of the farm and some great new activities to try out.
We have made a number of physical changes which have increased accessibility and extended our educational opportunities. These include:
- 2 new big polytunnels replacing smaller polytunnels in the vegetable (no hitting your head on the cross-bars for those of us that are taller than 1.6 metres!). Much better accessibility for everyone including large classes.
- Massive pond-dipping platform for the whole class made from recycled plastic. Safely usable throughout the year, completely accessible and the possibility for a ‘compare and contrast’ activity with the river Axe.
- 2 new hen enclosures, housing up to 100 new laying hens with lots of space around and opportunity to get hands-on.
- Multi-purpose loft above the Dutch barn. Housing a new activity for you to do with your children in free time.
- Revamp of Junk Band area to include interactive information tackling the problems and solutions of marine plastics pollution.
- Revamp of Eggucational barn to make it more comfortable with weather-proofing, insulating and improved lighting. The addition of sinks for hand washing and vegetable preparation and an eggciting new layout.
- 3 additional toilets in the barn and 6 new flowerpot sinks.
- Re-located Survival in the Wild area. Bigger and better fire-circle, better accessibility and allowing the old woods to be re-colonised by nature.
We have created some activities as well as updating some old one to make your visit to Magdalen even memorable:
- New orienteering route in addition to the current one. A slightly longer orienteering route that traverses through open fields and river.
- 2 new challenges in Team building and problem solving to keep those of you that return annually with your class on your toes!
- New framework for Low Ropes so that the challenges relate to wildlife and the environment.
- Extension and addition to Rivers and Streams activity with a choice of studying the river, the pond or a comparison of the two. Fun, scientific and relevant to environmental issues. This activity will be renamed, Lisa – we need to think for a few days!
- Climate change activity, looking at the issues that affect us locally and globally and what we can do to make positive changes in our lifestyles.
Want to know more about what we can offer, you, your family, school or group then contact us and we will be happy to help.